Rdio, a leading global music streaming service, announces a series of new product updates that enhance music discovery while bringing artists closer to fans. The product updates launch today at the South by Southwest Music Festival.
The new features include:
- Songkick Tour Date Integration:Personalized concert listing service Songkick is now powering up-to-date tour information featured on artist profile pages, where users can click through directly from Rdio to purchase tickets. Musicians can be sure their fans know where and when they’re playing next.
- Tweet the Artist: When you share a song or album on Twitter from Rdio, the artist’s verified Twitter handle will automatically populate so that the artist sees your tweet. Fans can easily engage with their favorite artists and artists can hear feedback directly from their fans.
- Record Label Stations: Music fans now have access to Internet radio stations curated by 20 leading record labels including Def Jam, Mute, SubPop, Domino and Warner Nashville. Each station features handpicked songs that reflect music the label is most excited about.
- Share Replies: Now you can reply when a friend shares music with you directly and continue the conversation around music you love.
- New Music Weekly: Users can now discover the latest tracks through New Music Weekly, a station updated each week featuring new music expertly curated by Rdio’s music discovery team.
“We are always looking for additional ways to connect artists and fans,” said Rdio CEO Anthony Bay. “These new features help bridge that gap and allow for even better music discovery across Rdio.”
The new features begin rolling out to Rdio customers today.